Patients in Colorado Springs have many cosmetic surgery options
Many people (men and women) are excited about the idea of having cosmetic surgery. They may, however, be apprehensive about hearing a well-meaning “Oh, you had work done!” from friends or family. Susan Schroeder MD is one of only a few dermatologists the Colorado Springs area formally fellowship-trained in cosmetic and surgical dermatology. Her approach is not to make you look decades younger or change your appearance drastically. Rather, her work enhances the unique natural qualities of the individual.
Comfortable, qualified care
At Perfect Skin Dermatology, your procedure is performed in our two OR suites. Dr. Schroeder is adept at ensuring your comfort with local anesthesia, nerve blocks, light sedation (such as Demerol or Versed), and tumescent anesthesia. She also offers the option of Pro-Nox, a self-regulated nitrous oxide blend. This inhaled sedation wears off quickly, without residual grogginess. As an adjunct to local anesthesia, it makes surgical treatment comfortable and low stress. Your wellbeing is carefully monitored throughout the procedure, and you are not left alone at any time. She also employs continuous cardiac monitoring for your ensured well-being and is one of few Dermatologic Surgeons in this area that continues with current ACLS certification training on a regular basis.
Many options in cosmetic surgery in Colorado Springs
Dr. Schroeder takes special interest in facial cosmetic procedures, offering:
- Eyelid surgery – Blepharoplasty lifts heavy brows and drooping eyelids, and reduces puffiness below the eyes for a more youthful, alert appearance.
- Lower facelift – Underlying muscles are tightened, excess fat is removed, and skin is redraped. This procedure reduces jowls and smooths wrinkles. Her scars are almost non-existent and beveled through the hairline to be artfully concealed by hairs growing through her scars.
- Neck lift – Platysmaplasty improves the appearance of a fleshy, banded neck. Removing excess skin and fat brings the chin and profile into beautiful focus.
- Earlobe rejuvenation including torn earlobe repair and revolumization with filler/fat.
- Lip-shortening surgery.
- Nose recontouring – Rhinoplasty similar to the service a plastic surgeon would perform.
- Acne scar revision – A surgical approach for cases too severe for minimally invasive therapies.
- For body enhancement, you may choose:
- Breast lift
- Breast implants
- Tumescent liposuction
- Fat transfer
- Tummy tuck surgery
- Removal of moles, birthmarks, and skin tags
- Nail surgery
- Scar revision (surgical and traumatic)
People interested in surgical enhancement have many questions. What is cosmetic surgery? Is cosmetic surgery safe? What is the recovery time? Are there possible complications? What alternatives to surgery are available to me? Don’t worry! Dr. Schroeder answers all your questions during a discreet, private consultation. Call Perfect Skin Dermatology in Colorado Springs at (719) 421-7132 to get it scheduled.