Patients in Colorado Springs have many cosmetic surgery options
Many people (men and women) are excited about the idea of having cosmetic surgery. They may, however, be apprehensive about hearing a well-meaning “Oh, you had work done!” from friends or family. Susan Schroeder MD is one of only a few dermatologists the Colorado Springs area formally fellowship-trained in cosmetic and surgical dermatology. Her approach is not to make you look decades younger or change your appearance drastically. Rather, her work enhances the unique natural qualities of the individual.
Comfortable, qualified care
At Perfect Skin Dermatology, your procedure is performed in our two OR suites. Dr. Schroeder is adept at ensuring your comfort with local anesthesia, nerve blocks, light sedation (such as Demerol or Versed), and tumescent anesthesia. She also offers the option of Pro-Nox, a self-regulated nitrous oxide blend. This inhaled sedation wears off quickly, without residual grogginess. As an adjunct to local anesthesia, it makes surgical treatment comfortable and low stress. Your wellbeing is carefully monitored throughout the procedure, and you are not left alone at any time. She also employs continuous cardiac monitoring for your ensured well-being and is one of few Dermatologic Surgeons in this area that continues with current ACLS certification training on a regular basis.
Dr. Schroeder and staff were great! Very professional and nice. I went in to get a mole on my jawline removed and I was in and out in 10 minutes. Dr. Shroeder was so impressive.Erin K.
Dr. Susan SchroederSusan Schroeder MD is a Board-Certified Dermatologist with advanced, specialized, and formal fellowship training in Cosmetic and Surgical Dermatology. She is one of a select few in Colorado with this advanced level of training. Throughout her career, Dr. Schroeder has had a keen interest in ageless skin and maintenance on a scientific level. Before private practice, she was an Assistant Professor at The University of Colorado School of Medicine, Anschutz Medical Campus and pioneered the cosmetic dermatology and cosmeceutical division. Dr. Schroeder brings a wealth of knowledge to Colorado Springs from her years of expertise. She addresses all aspects of Dermatology, from skin cancers and acne to injectables, laser skin resurfacing and tumescent liposuction. Her skills are as good-as-it-gets. Dr. Schroeder evaluates the nuances and advancements that drive this market herself, and she never waivers from cutting-edge.
Many options in cosmetic surgery in Colorado Springs
Dr. Schroeder takes special interest in facial cosmetic procedures, offering:
- Eyelid surgery – Blepharoplasty lifts heavy brows and drooping eyelids, and reduces puffiness below the eyes for a more youthful, alert appearance.
- Lower facelift – Underlying muscles are tightened, excess fat is removed, and skin is redraped. This procedure reduces jowls and smooths wrinkles. Her scars are almost non-existent and beveled through the hairline to be artfully concealed by hairs growing through her scars.
- Neck lift – Platysmaplasty improves the appearance of a fleshy, banded neck. Removing excess skin and fat brings the chin and profile into beautiful focus.
- Earlobe rejuvenation including torn earlobe repair and revolumization with filler/fat.
- Lip-shortening surgery.
- Nose recontouring – Rhinoplasty similar to the service a plastic surgeon would perform.
- Acne scar revision – A surgical approach for cases too severe for minimally invasive therapies.
- For body enhancement, you may choose:
- Tumescent liposuction
- Fat transfer
- Removal of moles, birthmarks, and skin tags
- Nail surgery
- Scar revision (surgical and traumatic)
Dr. Schroeder can address your questions during a private consultation. Please call us at (719) 421-7132 to schedule an appointment.