Dermal fillers: Natural looking rejuvenation in Colorado Springs
Beginning in our late 20s, underlying structures of the face – fat pads, muscle, and even bone – begin to diminish, blurring features and allowing skin to sag into wrinkles. At one time, surgical plastic surgery was your only option to reverse these changes. Today, patients in the Colorado Springs area have access to Dr. Susan Schroeder’s artistry in nonsurgical rejuvenation with dermal fillers.
Versatile treatment with dermal fillers in Colorado Springs
Fillers are gel compounds injected into skin to address causes of skin aging. Many products contain synthetic hyaluronic acid (HA), a carbohydrate that occurs naturally in the human body. HA binds with water, helping to hydrate skin internally. Other fillers contain PMMA (polymethylmethacrylate), calcium hydroxylapatite (CaHA), poly-L-lactic Acid, or other compounds that supplement tissue and stimulate collagen production.
As a Board-certified dermatologist with two decades of experience in aesthetic procedures, Dr. Schroeder designs personalized treatment protocols, using the most appropriate FDA-approved fillers, in the correct amounts, for natural-looking results.
- Lip injections call for a soft, thinner viscosity filler. Lip-plumping injections reverse the inward roll that makes lips look thinner with age, define the vermillion border, and augment lips.
- Under eye filler improves the appearance of tear troughs and may lighten dark circles.
- While they do smooth wrinkles, injections are not actually wrinkle filler. Rather, face fillers restore lost volume, providing structure that flattens creases, lifts eyebrows, and redefines jawlines.
- Thicker cheek fillers may be applied more deeply in upper portions of the face or to hollowed temples, creating lift that corrects sags on the lower face and redefines the jawline.
- Cosmetic fillers may also be used to fill deep acne scars or restore lost volume in hands.
Introducing Bellafill a filler that last for 5 years
BEFORE AND AFTER FILLERS TREATMENT IMAGES OF ACTUAL PATIENTS TREATED IN OUR PRACTICE
Before the Treatment
After the Treatment
When is the “right time” for fillers?
In the past, fillers were primarily used to address moderate to severe wrinkles – usually for patients in their 40s or older. While fillers can be quite beneficial at older ages, today we understand that responsible earlier use of fillers is a more effective means of preserving a youthful appearance. A regular program of neuromodulators and dermal fillers can postpone need for surgical correction for many years.
Are you wondering where to get lip fillers in the Colorado Springs area? Or would you like to learn more about dermal fillers in general? Call (719) 421-7132 to schedule a consultation with Dr. Schroeder at Perfect Skin.