Professional Tips to Rid your Skin of Acne
Acne is often seen in teenagers and young adults. There are, however, individuals who struggle with acne well into their 30’s and 40’s. Adult acne can cause patients to feel less-confident, especially if it is in plain view, right on the face that you show the world!. Instead of concealing, it may be time to simply get rid of acne by consulting with a professional in the Colorado Springs, CO area: dermatologist Dr. Susan Schroeder.
How can acne be treated?
There are a series of steps needed to determine the best treatment for your acne.
- First, patients should book a consultation visit and initial evaluation with a dermatologist. This is the perfect time to discuss the over-the-counter treatments used in the past, and to get a proper assessment of the type and severity of acne present.
- Second, a dermatologist may make suggestions in terms of skin care products, treatments, and lifestyle changes that reduce and even eliminate acne. There is not one master treatment that works for every patient, so each plan is individually-designed for the patient and their specific skincare needs.
- Third, it’s important that patients follow-up with us to assess progress. Some patients may need to change their medication options until they find the solution that works best for their acne. Okay is “not okay” with us. Afterall, we want you to have Perfect Skin.
What treatments are commonly recommended?
- Chemical peels
- Laser and energy device treatments
- Topical compounded creams with a custom blend of medications.
- Prescription oral medications
- High-quality skincare products
If you are struggling with acne, our dermatological team can help. Contact our facility today by calling (719) 421-7132 and visit our practice at 1259 Lake Plaza Drive, Suite #270 in Colorado Springs, Colorado.Back to Acne Page