Injections with Botulinum toxin: more than just wrinkle reduction
Botox and other Botulinum toxin brands have become household names in recent years due to their overwhelming popularity as a non-surgical wrinkle reduction treatment. What you may not be aware of is that this versatile injectable can be used for much more than just wrinkles. At Perfect Skin Dermatology in Colorado Springs, dermatologist Dr. Susan Schroeder is highly skilled at using Botulinum toxin injections. This helps patients look and feel their best. Dr. Schroeder has used her expertise to teach residents at the University of Colorado School of Medicine to guide them in performing these injections with precision and artistry.
More than just frown lines: other ways Botulinum toxin can be used
Botulinum toxin injections are well-known for their ability to treat wrinkles that are formed due to active muscular contractions, such as the “11s” between the eyebrows, bunny lines by the nose, and horizontal forehead lines. This versatile toxin can also be used to treat a number of other cosmetic and medical issues, including:
- decreasing excessive sweating in the hands, feet, or underarms.
- providing a more sharp, contoured jawline.
- reducing bands around the neck that can contribute to an older appearance.
- making the eyes look wider and more open through under-eye injections.
- treating a “gummy” smile.
- lifting the tip of the nose for a more balanced appearance.
- softening a square lower face.
- rejuvenating the décolletage by reducing lines and wrinkles.
- smoothing-out crepe-y skin under the eyes or areas of skin with prominent pores using micro-tox.
Botulinum injections can be a great option for revitalizing the appearance of both men and women and can be combined with other anti-aging and restorative treatments such as dermal fillers or laser therapies to keep your appearance youthful and fresh. Typically, results from Botulinum toxin injections last about three to four months, and touch-up injections can help you maintain your terrific results.
When it comes to your appearance, it is essential that you work with a skilled injector like Dr. Schroeder, who has a deep understanding of facial anatomy and Botulinum toxin use to achieve your desired results while preserving a natural look.