In the hands of a trained and intuitive injector, recontouring with fillers effectively corrects wrinkles with minimal discomfort, downtime, or risk of side effects. Susan Schroeder MD brings two decades of experience in face contouring injections to men and women in the Colorado Springs area.
Non-surgical face contouring – more than filling wrinkles
Early in the evolution of injectables, it was common practice to fill every wrinkle. That, however, distorts characteristics that make your face unique, and it does not necessarily look more youthful – just overfilled.
Dr. Schroeder applies expertise in use of facial contouring fillers to address the cause, rather than the symptom, of aging skin. Over time, we lose facial volume from bone resorption, muscle atrophy, diminishment of fat pads, and collagen depletion. Without these support structures, skin sags, lines between nose and mouth deepen, and the jawline becomes blurred. Jowls and neck creases develop.
Expert injection of dermal fillers supplements volume, helping to lift, define, and refresh facial contours.
Dr. Schroeder creates customized protocols using a variety of fillers:
- Juvéderm – Hyaluronic acid (HA) in a proprietary cross-linked compound provides immediate volume and ongoing internal hydration. Juvéderm’s soft, thinner formula is an excellent lip contour filler, and thicker viscosities provide deep tissue volumization.
- Restylane – Another terrific family of HA fillers, with distinctive properties and longevity.
- Radiesse – Tiny beads of calcium hydroxylapatite suspended in a smooth gel carrier stimulate collagen regeneration.
- Sculptra – This collagen stimulator is administered in a series of three deep dermis injection sessions. The poly-L-lactic acid compound smooths wrinkles from within.
- Bellafill – FDA-approved for permanent implantation in skin, with polymethylmethacrylate microns that are not absorbed by the body. A qualified injector is critical!
- Revanesse Versa – The brand new soft hyaluronic acid filler that is more cost-effective and works well for soft subtel change at the lips and eyes.
Where do I even begin?! I came to Dr. Schroeder desperate for answers for a scalp problem I’ve been dealing with for over a year. She was the 4th dermatologist I had been to in a year. I was wrongly diagnosed by 3 other dermatologist and as you can imagine, desperate for answers. I had severe scalp pain, burning, itching and diffuse hair loss. Dr. Schroeder actually took the TIME to listen to me, my history and let me decided the level of aggression we were going to take in order to find answers. After listening to me she suggested it might be nerve damage due to sun exposure from previously working outside in South Florida. It was something no other doctor had thought of, but also no other dermatologist took the time to listen to me or my history. When my biopsy came back it was confirmed nerve damage. (Also, Cheryl came in during my scalp biopsy to hold my hand as it was mildly uncomfortable). I cannot tell you the RELIEF I felt to finally have answers to why I was losing hair and dealing with pain for over a year. During my check up visit I made time to tell her how thankful I was that she took the time to listen to me and ask the right questions. I gave her a hug, so overjoyed that I finally had an answer. It is very difficult as a young woman to manage scalp pain, itching and hair loss. I’m thankful I didn’t stop searching for answers and a real doctor. She will be my dermatologist as long as I live in the springs. Thank you so so much for listening to me like a friend!Sarah S.
Expert in recontouring with fillers is right here in Colorado Springs
Dr. Schroeder personally administers all injectable treatments. She uses fillers to add strategic volume to the upper portion of the face, smooth wrinkles, lift the jawline, straighten the nose, raise eyebrows, or fill acne scars. She brings an artistic eye to the process, with sensitivity to variances between masculine and feminine features. Dr. Schroeder’s technique has been taught to dermatology residents at University of Colorado. Her skill is often sought to correct, or balance work done by other providers.